HIGHLAND PARK INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL (HPIFF)
fosters emerging and established filmmakers by providing forums for screening projects, networking with
industry professionals and mentoring student filmmakers in Northeast Los Angeles.
All films will screen at the historic Highland Theatre on a DCP system.
Festival date: October 6th-8th / Awards Brunch October 9th
Location: Northeast Los Angeles
(All filmmakers will be competing for two prestigious awards: Best Cinematography and Best Musical Composition.
Other awards include: Best Feature, Best Short, Best Feat Doc, Best Short Doc, & Audience Choice - Best Short)
- CALL for ENTRIES -
INSTRUCTIONS AND IMPORTANT DATES:
- Submissions are open to all filmmakers, topics, and genres. Features are films 60 minutes and up. Shorts are films under 45 minutes.
- Please fill out all fields on application form. Both pages must be filled out, scanned, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early submissions must be received by Monday 7/4/16 with a fee of $50 features / $45 student (w/ valid ID); $30 shorts / $25 student (w/ valid ID).
- Final deadline submission date is Monday 8/1/16 with a fee of $60 features / $55 student (w/ valid ID); $40 shorts / $35 student (w/ valid ID).
- Filmmaker must provide a Vimeo or Youtube link screener along with a digital entry form.
- Entry fees can be paid directly via Paypal, Film Freeway, Fest Homes or you can make check payable to HPIFF. Please write the title of the film in the subject line of the check.
- The Required Terms of Agreement must be signed and dated by applicant to be considered for selection (Button below).
- Filmmakers can submit more than 1 film with a submission form and entry fee for each submission.
- If selected, exhibition copy must be received by Monday 9/5/16.
- If selected exhibition will be in a digital format please provide us with a (Pro Res 422 Quicktime file -Shorts only or DCP - Features only). Files must be delivered on a Mac-compatible external hard drive or flash drive.
- Submit a digital press kit with application. This includes film stills, synopsis, bios, and list of cast/crew.
- Please note that in order for us to track your submission, applicant must include the title of the film on all digital materials.
- Questions? Email: email@example.com
Please fill out and submit entry form with all submissions.
- PAST HONORS -
('Arts for a Better Tomorrow' mentoring student filmmakers abroad and in the States)
(President of the 'Historic Highland Park Neighbor City Council')
WATER AND POWER (directed by Richard Montoya)
CIRCLE THE WAGON (directed by Ryan Steven Green)
BELLA VITA (shot by Scott Kasenoff)
LOST WEEKEND (shot by John Roney)
Best Musical Score
SLEEPOVER (composed by Mark Degli Antoni)
NO STRINGS (composed by Angus MacRae)
AVENUES (directed by Aaref Rodriguez)
AFTER SCHOOL (directed by Carlos Melendez & Mauricio Mendoza)
Honorable Mention Feature
HAY DAYS (directed by Lance Lindahl)
Best Foreign Feature
EL ULTIMO LONCO (directed by Guille Sohrens)
Best Feature Doc
BELLA VITA (directed by Jason Baffa)
LICENSE TO OPERATE (directed by James Lipetzky)
Honorable Mention Feature Documentary
GLAMOUR AND THE SQUALOR (directed by Marq Evans)
A COUP IN CAMELOT (directed by Stephen Goetsch)
Audience Choice Best Feature Documentary
EAST LA INTERCHANGE (directed by Betsy Kalin)
Best Short Film
ADAN (directed by Paloma Martinez)
THE SHOOTING STAR SALESMAN (directed by Kico Velarde)
Honorable Mention Short Film
GIRL WITH CHILD (directed by Maria Abraham)
HEY VATO (directed by Juan Rodriguez)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (directed by Tichard Heredia-Arriaga)
AS YOU WERE (directed by Trevin Matcek)
Best Foreign Short
A VISITA (directed by Leandro Corinto)
Best Short Documentary
NOT ANYMORE: A STORY OF REVOLUTION (directed by Matthew Van Dyke)
SLUMDREAMS (directed by Brendan Modini)
Honorable Mention Short Documentary
THE MODEL's ARTIST (directed by Jake Gorst)
Woman Filmmakers Short Program
ADD EDIT (directed by Anjoum Agrama)
Sci-Fi/Suspense Short Program
AS YOU WERE (directed by Trevin Matcek
Cowboy Up/Other Frontiers Short Program
STICKS (directed by Seth Christian
L.A. Stories Short Program
GREETINGS FROM THE LAST STOP TAVERN
- SPONSORS -